- Key questions:
- Do you want to succeed?
- Do you enjoy work?
- How much do you really work?
- Remember you have a choice
Achieving Work Life Balance
- It's not personal - redundancies are rarely performance related
- Make a plan - productivity reduces anxiety
- Be ruthless on your finances
- Make sure your contacts know
- You're job hunting
- You've still got all the same skills - don't think you're not valuable
Bouncing Back from Redundancy
- Career trajectory:
- Start = strong technical skills
- Middle = people management skills
- End = strategic thinking becomes essential
- You'll need all these skills to succeed
Building Your Career Skills
- Explain the reasons for change and the benefits
- Get employee participation and suggestions
- Relate the change to people's personal motivations
Reducing Resistance to Change
- The MBTI is a valid, reliable personality test
- It gives insight into a person's energy and behaviours
- Personality traits are ordered into four preferences
- Each preference has two options
- Your selected options create your personality 'code'
Understanding Your Personality Type